Chester IT is a technology integrator and managed services provider based in Valparaiso, Indiana. Our “Client First” approach has made us the #1 source for IT services, sales, and consulting throughout Northern Indiana for 40 years.
The Systems Engineer (SE) acts as a resource for managing IT systems and services within our client’s environment. The SE position is client-facing and requires a professional consulting mindset where business solutions and client service are the primary focus. A strong, security-driven mindset is needed in every aspect of the position’s responsibilities and is essential for success. SE’s must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to explain technical concepts, security policies, and step-by-step procedures to a mix of technical and non-technical clients.
This full-time salaried position is based out of the Chester Inc. corporate office located at 555 Eastport Centre Drive, Valparaiso, Indiana. Hours are 8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri, with limited on-call and after hours. There is limited remote/telecommute opportunity for this role.
What are we looking for in a Systems Engineer? (you don’t have to know all of these, some is okay!)
- Ability to work and plan your day independently – This one’s critical!
- Experience working at an IT/managed service provider and supporting a diverse range of clients across multiple verticals.
- You have project management skills – organization, planning, communication, problem resolution.
- Expertise managing Next Gen Firewalls and understanding of Cyber-Security concepts
- A strong Microsoft Windows background at a Level 2/3 knowledge level
- End-user and desktop support expertise
- A strong IP networking background at a Level 2/3 knowledge level
Experience designing and deploying Microsoft 365 cloud solutions. Including Teams, SharePoint, Azure, and Office 365.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Up to $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction