This is a sales position focused specifically on revenue & profit generation. This position is responsible for new account & relationship generation, account management, quote and proposal generation, and coordination/communication to clients in both a proactive and reactive manner.
The position is based out of the Chester, Inc. Agricultural Systems, 6020 S 500 W North Judson, IN 46366. Work hours are 07:00 am – 4:00 pm CST, Monday thru Friday with potential for some work to be completed outside of normal business hours depending in order to meet client’s needs & deadlines. The account executive is expected to be a trusted advisor for each customer. As part of this, it is the duty of the account executive to complete work issues satisfactorily and efficiently. Work hours of 40-45 hours per week are expected and normal. This is a salary-based position including commissions upon exceeding the annual quota. There is a limited telecommute opportunity for this position.
- Opportunity generation thru Cold calling & prospecting
- Lead generation resulting in new accounts and revenue streams
- Relationship management & management of self-generated accounts and their needs
- Timely response & creation of quotes & proposals for clients
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Chester Ag Systems supported products and services
- Review and manage product and service renewals for clients. Monthly, quarterly, annual or multi-year agreements are typical
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for all repeatable scheduled tasks
- Assist in the communication between client & professional services staff
- Creation of service orders & service requests
- Act as a liaison between customers and services staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process
- Successful completion of training and certification requirements assigned by management
- Proficiency with Chester Ag Systems software related to job functions, typically a quoting tool, service management system, customer resource management service, and vendor web portals
- Generate or assist in generation of new accounts thru own efforts including; cold calls, client references, or other marketing endeavors
- Contribute to the sales team by assisting other representing clients during times where the client’s normal sales representative is unavailable
- Attending sales and general company meetings as scheduled
- Review and recommend modifications to procedures with management
- Additional duties as assigned
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in sales or similar experiences
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to provide Ag services by telephone, email, face to face or virtually.
- Certifications associated with products & services offered by Chester, Inc Ag Systems.
- Computer user skills required to access, use, and manage data within Chester Inc.’s software systems and vendor web portals
- Relationship management skills
- The ability to defuse and resolve conflicts with poise & patience
- Understanding of technical aspects of agricultural systems
- The ability to assist clients in the decision-making process for the mutual benefit of both organizations
Success in the Account Executive position will be based on your ability to exceed our client’s expectations in customer service, communication and support, as well as your ability to effectively drive profitable sales revenue while providing a value- added service to our clients. This will be accomplished by delivering outstanding customer service through client interactions and demonstrating knowledgeable and timely services.
The Account Executive will be graded upon meeting Gross Profit Quota’s as well as meeting customer service/satisfaction goals, properly distributing information between Chester, Inc staff and the client, and improving revenue streams with higher revenue, profitable solutions for our clients.
Moderate physical effort is required. Most work is performed while sitting, using a desktop or laptop. Site visits will require standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs. Lifting of equipment up to 50lbs. unassisted may be required at times. Chester, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available to employees after 1 year of employment with Chester, Inc. Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.