As a commercial interior designer, your duties are to design, decorate, and coordinate the project. This process includes choosing paint colors, wall decorations, flooring, and furnishings. This career requires design skills and experience with project planning, cost estimation, and budget management.
- Draw blueprints and schematics that contractors will use.
- Select appropriate materials for the design of the structure.
- Ensure the structure adhere to all relevant building codes.
- Collaborate with team to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Ensure all spending is within budgetary limitations.
- Organize site visits to get client feedback after project completion.
Must have between 3-5 years of experience in commercial interior design. Salary range is $55,000 depending on work experience. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design is required in addition to the following skills:
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Degree in Interior Design from an accredited institution.
- Collaborative, resourceful, disciplined & quick learning.
- Experience with a broad range of project types preferred.
- Strong passion for both design and the technical aspects getting a project built.
- Undertake design project from concept to completion.
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements of the project.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs and fees. according to budget and work within timely schedules to coordinate the completion of tasks through to final project completion.
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions, and best practices.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations.
- Produce “sample” and “mood products” and research and select materials and furnishings such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
- Oversee orders for materials and oversee installation of the design elements.
How to Apply: Please send resume and portfolio of recent work in pdf format.
Job Type: Full-time – Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Life & Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance