Construction Procurement Officer
Chester, Inc. is looking for a multi-tasker with excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidates will assist Construction Purchasing Officer and management by handling bid documents, procuring labor/material from a variety of subcontractors, invoicing, and generating subcontractor agreements.
The position is based out of the Chester, Inc. headquarters, 555 Eastport Centre Dr. Valparaiso, Indiana. This is a salary-based position.
- Prepare, Request, Receive, and review bids from subcontractors and vendors
- Analyze and qualify proposals from subcontractors and vendors
- Negotiate contractual, operational, and financial responsibilities for each project
- Approve ordering of good and services – Write Contracts, Purchase Orders, Change Orders
- Maintain and develop new relationships of subcontractors and vendors
- Read and understand documents and requirements for bidding
- Job Costing/Budget Management
- Execute the exchange of PO’s and Contracts to Project Managers/Field Supervisors
- Assist Project Management with field decision making and budgetary needs
- Assist Architectural Team with decision making and budgetary needs
- Assist with AP/AR
- Travel is required on occasion (job site visits, vendor visits, etc.)
- Understanding of construction projects
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of construction terminology
- Knowledge of contracts and purchase orders
- Negotiating skills
- Problem Solving
- Good organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.