Chester Information Technologies (Chester IT) is an information technology solutions, support and managed services provider focused on SMB, Education and State/Local Government environments. We offer our clients a comprehensive suite of solutions to allow them to focus on their primary business, knowing that we are there to facilitate and manage their technology services to enable them to be successful. We have been in the IT business for over 35 years and have built a large customer base in NWI.
We are now poised for significant growth and are looking for the right candidate to help us expand our business. This is an inside sales position focused on sales support, account management, and prospecting. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter responsible for understanding and supporting the sale of products, services, and business problem solving solutions included in the Chester IT portfolio.
The position is based out of the Chester, Inc. corporate office located at 555 Eastport Centre Drive, Valparaiso, IN. This is a commission based position with a base salary and unlimited commission potential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Field and make phone calls to both address existing client needs, and assist with prospecting and new client generation process
- Prepare customer sales quotes and proposals as needed for account executives and house accounts
- Manage and maintain pricing programs with key vendors and suppliers
- Maintain the communication and expectation chain on assigned projects and duties
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing updating of internal sales operating procedures
- Manage & service client needs, renewals, and documentation
- Assist in coordination of client services
- Successful completion of training and certification requirements assigned by management
- Proficiency with Chester software related to job functions, typically a quoting tool, service management system, customer resource management, and vendor web portals
- Attend Chester IT sales and general company meetings, as well as vendor and customer events as scheduled
- Stay abreast of current industry trends and how Chester IT customers are impacted.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years in a sales or sales support role
- 2 year degree or a combination of relevant experience and professional certifications
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to provide IT/business support by telephone, e-mail, face-to-face and/or virtually
- General product knowledge & understanding of the functional components of a business class network – Such as:
- Desktop & Laptop/Tablet Computer Hardware & Software
- Peripheral Devices (Printers, Scanners, accessories, etc.)
- Network Equipment: Firewalls, Switches, Routers, & Wireless Access components
- Antivirus & Backup Services
- Ability to interpret & articulate client needs in a meaningful way
- Self-motivated personality with good personal time management habits
Chester IT provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full-time employees. A 401k w/match is available to employees after 1 year of employment with Chester.