Chester, Inc. is a family-owned private business that encompasses three primary divisions; Architectural & Construction, Information Technologies and Agricultural Systems. The Accounts Payable Coordinator/HP Assistant will possess strong knowledge of accounting rules and Human Resources practices.
This position is based out of the Chester, Inc. Corporate Office, 555 Eastport Centre Dr., Valparaiso, IN. Work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST, Monday thru Friday with the potential for work to be completed outside of regular business hours depending on needs & deadlines. This is a salary-based position with benefits available.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances
- Manage and maintain credit card accounts/receipts.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Tracking Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, Strong knowledge of accounting practices. General Math Skills. SAGE experience a plus.
Human Resources Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports CFO/ownership, preparing payroll; orienting new employees; administering employee benefit programs.
- Maintaining personnel records
- Pays employees by calculating pay; processing payroll; maintaining records.
- Administers medical insurance and other benefit programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking PTO.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Administrative Writing Skills, Verbal Communication, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Orienting Employees, Benefits Administration, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork, Supply Management.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available to employees after 1 year of employment with Chester, Inc.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.