Chester, Inc. has an immediate requirement for an Architectural Draftsperson to work in our Design Build division with a primary focus on commercial, industrial, municipal and religious projects. The Draftsperson will assist in all phases of design and construction, from feasibility studies through project completion.
The Draftsperson position will assist with design team to program, plan, design, coordinate and complete architectural design projects. The position is based out of the Chester, Inc. headquarters, 555 Eastport Centre Dr. Valparaiso, Indiana. This is a salary-based position with performance based bonuses available.
· CAD drafting experience
· Provide drawing support for projects
· Assist in significant aspects of one or more projects including predesign, design, construction, and post-occupancy services
· Organized to handle many project types and fast paced schedules
· Work in a project Team
· Assist in the communication between client & professional services staff
· Bachelors or Masters of Architectural
· Associates in CAD Drafting
· 2+ years related experience in commercial and industrial projects
· Strong knowledge of the building codes
· Familiar with US construction methods and practices
· Experience working with contractors and other consultants, and coordination of major projects
· Ability to complete projects on time and on budget
· Auto CAD /Revit experience
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment
· Outstanding communication skills with the ability to defuse and resolve conflicts with poise and patience
· The ability to assist clients in the decision-making process for the mutual benefit of both organizations
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.