Chester, Inc. has an open position for a Construction Project Manager to work in our Design – Build firm with a focus on commercial, industrial, municipal and religious projects ranging from $150,000 to $10,000,000. The Construction Project Manager will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will serve as the primary contact with Owners and must continually foster a positive relationship with all parties involved. Project Managers generate cost estimates, schedules, subcontracts, RFI’s, process submittals and change orders. Experienced Project Managers oversee medium to large sized projects from project conception through closeout.
- Work with the client and sales team from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision.
- Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
- Participate in progress meetings
- Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
- Process change orders
- Collaborate with the architect, client and construction crew
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors to ensure schedule, safety, and quality control
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
- Approve, reject or negotiate invoices as appropriate
- Identify, track, prioritize and resolve issues in the field
- Identify and implement cost or time saving measures
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Construction Project Management – OSHA 10 required
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple commercial/industrial projects at once
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to devise and implement process and strategies to resolve complex issues
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Proficient on Microsoft Project and Procore
- Ability to manage both direct and indirect staff
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of all construction market conditions and legalities
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on
- meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- Ability to make sound decisions under tight deadlines
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.