Chester, Inc. has an immediate requirement for an Architect to work in our Design Build division with a primary focus on commercial, industrial, municipal and religious projects. The Architect will participate in all phases of design and construction, from feasibility studies through project completion.
The Architect position will ensure that in-house design projects are programmed, planned, designed, coordinated and completed, in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The position is based out of the Chester, Inc. headquarters, 555 Eastport Centre Dr. Valparaiso, Indiana. This is a salary-based position with performance based bonuses available.
- Indiana Licensed Architect with a design or technical focus
- Manage significant aspects of one or more projects including predesign, design, construction, and post-occupancy services
- Responsible for many project types and fast paced schedules
- Manage external and internal budgets
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to internal staff and/or external team members.
- Assist in the communication between client & professional services staff
- Indiana Architects license required
- 5+ years related experience in commercial and industrial projects
- Strong knowledge of the building codes
- Familiar with US construction methods and practices
- Experience working with contractors and other consultants, and coordination of major projects
- Ability to complete projects on time and on budget
- Auto CAD /Revit experience
- Able to provide leadership, project management and motivation to architectural team
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to defuse and resolve conflicts with poise and patience
- The ability to assist clients in the decision-making process for the mutual benefit of both organizations
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate upon experience. Chester, Inc. provides life, health, dental, and vision insurance coverage to all full- time employees. A 401k w/match is available.
Chester Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.